So last month John came home with Jeff's truck packed full:
Mackenzie enjoyed watching her first BYU bowl game, so here's looking at one cute cougar!!:
We bought Disneyland passes this year. We went on John's birthday since he got the day free (so we saved $72 on his pass!). Cari has already got 8 times and John 6 times since we got them! Cari's family (dad, mom, Hana, and grandma-aunt and uncle always have passes) also got passes this year so we'll have fun meeting up with them as well! They just got their passes last night, so met them there. My grandma has to use a wheelchair and go on the gentle rides like It's a Small World. So we got a party of 8 all got on that ride and the Tiki Room.
Here's John eating his birthday funnel cake:
Cari's sister Hana got her pass the day after Christmas so we went also. It was crazy busy. The football teams from Oregon and Ohio State were there. Every time we saw a group of them there was someone asking to take their picture. Cari's aunt and uncle took us out to dinner at the Napa Rose, a super nice restaurant at the Grand California hotel.
We also when to Disneyland for New Year's Eve since we'll probably never do anything for New Year's Eve ever again and we figured we should check out the Disneyland party since we could this year. It was super crowded around the castle, but there was hardly anyone around Adventureland and Frontierland. We walked right on to the Haunted Mansion. They had a fireworks show at midnight then had a Fantasmic showing that we watched. They handed out Happy New Year hats and noise makers (which were really annoying). We had a lot of fun though. Here's John riding the caboose:
Since then we've been settling down at our apartment and John is enjoying being able to come home and not have homework. My big news is that I have a full-time job now. Before I was hourly with no benefits, so now I have a salary, I'm guaranteed 40 hours a week, I get vacation time and insurance. I had training the previous 2 weekends so that I can do field work. We have to have what is called Hazwoper (hazardous waste operation and emergency response). You can't even go on some of the sites we work at until you get certified. We also get yearly physicals, so I have my baseline physical done, my training done, and my steel toe boots purchased, so I'm ready to go!
I love your happily ever after picture! So cute... and of course, so is Mackenzie's BYU gear! My friend just sent us a shirt that she made that says BYU lil' swimmer on it, it's super cute.
ReplyDelete