Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Yard Work

We've been working every week on getting our backyard in good shape. We still have a long ways to go, but have made a lot of progress from the overgrown jungle of weeds it was to start!

I didn't take a picture of what it looked like when we moved in, but this is what I came home to one day after John went at it with a weedwacker and he and his parents cut the trees and vines back.


We've picked and juiced a lot of oranges, but you can't tell that we've even touched the trees!

Here's after clearing all the clippings and there's John working on the bushes against the house.


Just the other day we found a couple of tiny eggs that were hatched.

We planted some plumeria cuttings and here's a flower bed we just planted. We're still going to add a couple more smaller plumerias here. So even though the rest of the yard is a work in progress, we have one little bright spot!

So far I think we've pulled out roots for 4 different vines (and there's more on the other side of the yard)! Wholly cow are those things a pain! We also have a few tree stumps to dig out. Our lemon tree is already growing more lemons since we pruned it back and we're still working on using up the juice we have! I don't have any pictures of our progress inside the house yet, but they'll be coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment