So today's blog entry is about Cari trying to be organized and domesticated-like. Once you stop laughing, we can move on. So my first thing I did is a home notebook to keep track of bills, important contact info, a freezer inventory, and the like. I haven't finished filling out a lot of the info, but I like it because it keeps me from having a pile of crap sitting on my table (on a good day).
Next up is my first attempt at canning. I figured I'd start with something easy - pinto beans. Overall, I think they turned out ok though I could have added salt or more taco sauce so they taste better in my tacos.
So the next weekend after canning, I took on the bathroom - our nasty, nasty bathtub. I mean, just look at that nasty, mildew-filled caulking!!
So that's the before and next I poured some stuff on it to help break it up and scrape it out. Which took hours since it was a mix of who-knows-what and silicon. I literally had a bruised behind from sitting on the edge of the tub and scraping!!
So after a sufficient amount of pain and suffering, I used some mold-mildew killer and cleaned out the caulking area then dried it with a hair dryer (come on, this was already taking way too long and was about 11pm at this point and I needed to use the shower in the morning!!). Then when I try to get in the corner to start applying the caulking, I bang my knee super hard on the corner of the vanity (#$*^#@!*$#!) so I had a bruise on my knee to go along with the bum bruise. So I handed it off to John to finish. And though I still need to have the the dirty grout, it looks a million times better!!
And I finally put up the plague my grandma gave us for Christmas!
And I put up the picture I took of the LA temple (framed by my aunt - Richard's Framing in Glendora on Route 66)!
So I have one more project and this one feels like more of a fail. Pictures on my other camera right now so sorry you can't see how much it sucks. We got our insulation done and they did a stucco patch on all the holes they drilled. So John pulled off a piece of paint from the exterior that was already peeling off and got it color matched at home depot. So I'm about halfway done painting the patches when a steak of yellow showed up (yes I mixed first!). So stupid me, I poured the paint back in the can to get it mixed evenly (I should have just dumped it). So now all the rest of the paint is too light and the last of the patches I painted look way too light. It looks so bad I want to cry. I'm always going to make them mix my paint double time in the future!! But it looks like I need to throw out the last of the paint, buy a new can of paint, mix it super well, and redo the last patches.
Instead of ending on me being depressed about my color getting messed up, here's a pic of a bunch of little birds having a party in our backyard!
I guess the cute birds like our half-dead weeds!
No comments:
Post a Comment