I believe that Valentine's Day is the most retarded, commercial, over-hyped holiday in todo el mundo! With or without a significant other. Sure it's nice to do something special or get flowers or candy, but when those flowers and candy and extremely over-priced because the guy is going to be in the doghouse if he doesn't get something for the lady and give it to her THAT DAY. And everyone is going out to do something special for Valentine's Day. What's so special about having to wait an hour and a half to get a table for 2? Go any other night and it's a 5 minute wait! Go buy candy and flowers the day after and it's all half-off. So what are my plans for Valentine's Day? Other than John going snowboarding at Sundance... nothing. Whatever I usually do on a Saturday. Go study or grade on campus if needed. Watch a movie and eat some popcorn. Do laundry and clean the apartment. Maybe bust out some Singstar.
So other than boycotting Valentine's Day like I usually do (I tell John not to get me anything until after V-Day), things are going pretty normal for us. John had 3 tests in the week (or 2) and I barely had one yesterday. I did file our taxes though. We'll be happy to get that extra money! I still haven't gotten any word on any job. Well, I did get rejected for one I applied to online. I'm hoping to get in with TetraTech or Parson's since I have connections with them. I'm also hoping for CH2MHill.
Last Friday we went to the BYU-Utah swim meet. It was a tight meet, fun to watch. BYU came out on top though! It helps when the divers go 1-2-3 and BYU gets 1st in all the relays. Before the meet we drove up to Odgen to pick up my sister Christine (Tracie was working so she couldn't drive her down). So we had a lot of driving on Friday night. Luckily the weather was good so the roads were clear.
I must mention something that happened in nursery a couple weeks ago though. So there's a new kid, Myles. He's still a small guy, so he doesn't look as old as the other new kids. Well there's this other kid (not new), Tyrus aka Bubba who was calling Myles "baby." He would go to him and say, "hi baby." and the like. Well, later on, Myles fell or something and Bubba wanted to help him, so he says, "it's ok baby" and starts kissing him on the lips. Like make-out style. It was sooo funny. Poor Myles was so confused.
No comments:
Post a Comment