On a happy note, I have a job now that I start tomorrow! I didn't get a full-time position though. I'll be working in tech services getting paid hourly and get no benefits other than 6 paid holidays. It's supossed to be temporary, so hopefully I'll be able to move into an actual engineering position soon. It depends a lot on stimulus funding and getting those projects. So you know that's gonna be slow, as it already has been since the government is involved. But I do get to work in the Pasadena office which is not a bad drive from Glendora.
And since it's taken this long to get the job and start working I got to spend the whole time at Lake Powell. It was an awesome trip. I got a lot better at wakeboarding this year. I was standing up straighter and was able to plane the board/not lean back too far by the end. And I was able to go out the wake and back in. John almost landed a flip a couple times.
Here's the cove we were in. The far boat is Lee's, the middle is David's, and the close one is ours:
Here's John mid-flip:
We got a few storms which was fun. Here's a pre-storm picture (Cari, John, Kirsty, Caleb, Greg, and Annelise):
On the Fourth of July, we went to the ward activity for my parent's ward. Ben and Nicki and Emily and Ray are in the ward, so we basically just went to hang out with some of my best friends and my family. We played some softball and John impressed some ladies with his hitting skills.
Here's some of John's fielding skills:
1 year! Time flies. Happy Anniversary. We still have loads of stuff of your at our place. Jeff is going to move it to Kirsty's today. We are coming down on Thursday, so if you need anything that's in Utah... let me know.
ReplyDelete