Well folks, looks like the first part of our temporary separation is upon us... and I truly don't understand why everyone thinks it's gonna be the end of the world for us.
I mean, yea, it'll be hard being away from my sweetie and vice-versa... but it's something we need to do. If Cari doesn't work, I can't finish my masters program (not to mention she will go literally insane from boredom :) ). So we know that this will be necessary. At least it's not like the military where you have to leave for at least 6-or-so months at a time. I'm here in boring Provo with nothing but my research, anime, and video games to keep me company. I'm still going to be working at Subway till the end of the semester and living in my walk-in-closet. At least we are getting a new roof as I write this... but I fear that by the end of it, I'm gonna have a sky-light due to the roofers punching a hole in my roof.
While I'm stuck in "happy valley" she'll be back in Sunny California, lounging by the pool and making good money. I seriously think she'll be getting the better deal out of this haha.
But yea, my research is going well. I'm basically figuring out why some guy's thesis isn't making sense.... literally. I have to dive into his analysis and do hand-calcs to check out his numbers. That's about all I'm doing for this. It's also interesting how computer programs work every time execpt when you need them to work. I have an interesting problem to solve in Mathcad involving solving for a number within a sumnation. (if you don't know what that is, don't worry :) ) So I tried a simplified way to program that into the... er... program and it worked!! So, I simply copied that and pasted in the real numbers I need... and it doesn't work. Funny how that goes...
But other than that, I'm doing great up here. I am teaching surveying and having fun with that too. Whelp, gotta run off to my class. I'll post if there's anyhting interesting going on in my life :)
No comments:
Post a Comment