Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2009

A new hobby

Since I don't have a job yet, don't have classes to go to, don't have homework, don't have anything to do right now, I decided to pick up a new hobby: cake decorating. It's kinda like a more sophisticated play dough. So far I've just been practicing on the practice board and did 2- 8" rounds. The hardest thing is getting the frosting to be the right consistency for different things. So here's some pics of my handi work.
So here's my first attempt:

And some little figures:
2nd attempt, now with flowers:
And my first try at the Wilton rose (with frosting that was too stiff, man it's hard to get the right consistency!!):
Other than that, I've been just watching season 3 of 24 and reading, so it's a nice change of pace and gives me something better to do with my excess of time. Maybe someday I'll appreciate that I had time for some period of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment