Thursday, April 30, 2009
Playing the waiting game...
So I had my interview with Tetra Tech on Monday. It went well. We talked for 1.5 hours! Long, but no biggie. We basically talked about the classes I took in grad school and about my master's project. Then Dr. Liu was talking to me about how the "real world" is different from school and what to expect and what I need to do to become successful. It didn't feel a whole lot like an interview since it seemed more like he was trying to prepare me for a job rather than trying to determine if he wants to hire me or not. He said that he is going to talk to people at the Pasadena and the Long Beach offices about positions and what not. I talked to Rick on the phone later and he said that Dr. Liu is wanting to make some changes so I might end up with a position other than the Clean Truck Act job. I hope to work at the Pasadena office though. It's just past Rosemead Blvd. and only takes like 10 minutes (w/o traffic) to get there from Glendora. So I am now waiting to hear back. Rick said from his experience it would be at least 2 weeks (he and Dr. Liu didn't talk about timeline), so I'm back up in Utah with John. Doing nothing. Just waiting. At least I know a job offer will be coming!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment