Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

At the halfway mark

We've reached the over halfway point!! John and I have now survived 2 months living in 2 separate states. John will be coming down for a whole week 3 weeks from now. Then he'll be finishing up finals and moving back to CA in another 4 weeks after that!!

A couple weekends ago I got to fly up to visit John. John got me an edible arrangement. I LOVE chocolate covered strawberries!!!

Doesn't that look just delicious?!

We went out to lunch with my older sister, Tracie, and a good friend, Leilani. We splurged a little and got one of those oil burners at the Body Shop. There was one that we had seen before that we really liked so we saw they still had it so we decided to get it. We enjoyed wonderful smells in the apartment for the rest of the weekend... We rented New in Town since John had already seen it twice and loved and wanted me to see it too.

On Sunday we went to temple square before the airport because we have had really really bad luck with traffic in Utah whenever I fly in or out. It was nice though. The weather was perfect for a fall day.

 


I hate Utah for the snow, but I do love the fall. The colors are beautiful. I love driving up Provo canyon in the fall and seeing all the changing colors.

Since John and I didn't want to wait 5 weeks to see each other again, we met up in Vegas and visited with his aunt and grandma last weekend. Grandma Patton gave us a tour of her house since I had never been there before. Other than that we just relaxed, watched some football, and played cards (I got whooped bad). Traffic kind of sucked on the way home as could be expected, but it was made better because I found the Cowboys game on the radio and they were actually playing well and dominating the game!! New favorite player = miles austin. Thank you to the o-line for protecting romo!!




Saying goodbye to Mackenzie before going to Vegas.


In Vegas.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! That's exciting to be halfway with this. I don't know how you two do it. I'm glad you were able to come up here for a fun weekend and also meet up in Vegas. Sounds like a fun trip.

    We have to convince Monica to start a blog! I need more pictures and updates of Mackenzie :) - you are lucky to be with her all the time.

    ReplyDelete