Visiting John was great this weekend. It made up for all the disappointments (BYU getting blown out at home, Cowboys losing-no surprise there).
Saturday morning we went to play volleyball with John's stake (they play every week, plus his ward every Wednesday). I've never gotten more beat up playing volleyball than I did that day! Usually I'll bruise my knees or something from landing to hard on them. This time, I didn't land too hard on my knees so I didn't get knee bruises. However, my arms and wrists were messed up! I got big bruises and my wrists were tweaked (have better movement now). And I messed my left quad from getting more low balls than usual. It was fun though and there was a guy coaching and giving tips. Stuff I didn't learn on my 6th grade volleyball team. :)
We got free pedicures (you get 1 free salon service each month at the Branbury), looked at beach cruisers (though cheaper in UT, the selection is much better in CA), and ate lunch at a Peruvian restaurant. Good stuff. Watched the BYU game with Sara and Caleb. Resorted to eating ice cream while being depressed and playing wii instead of watching the rest of the massacre. On Sunday, we finally got to meet my friend Lindsay's husband Matt.
So the other blowout of the weekend was on Sunday night after Doug picked me up from LAX. We were driving down the 105 in the carpool lane and hit something. Blew the tire. The hole in the side of the tire was about 1" in diameter. It was so big! (Tried to take a pic but camera was dead) And the rim got dented up. The CHP stopped by and told us the other car that pulled off the road behind us got the 2 right tires taken out. They set up a traffic break to try and find it, but had no luck. So we didn't get home til about midnight. And I felt pretty hammered the next day. The good news is that, even though the tire company is going out of business, they had 2 more of those same tires.
Overall a good weekend although with a couple blowouts.
I must say I was HAPPY about the whole Giant win.
ReplyDelete