So we went to Utah a couple weeks ago for John's graduation (which we'll have to upload pictures later). It was great because we got to see our new nephew Jackson! John got to meet him the week before because of an impromptu trip to Utah. At 3 weeks old, he was still just sleeping, eating, and pooping as newborns do. And getting the hiccups. And even if we look like parents in these pics (as my aunt says) we are not having kids yet! There is only 1 person that gives us grief about not having kids yet. But just to clear things up... :p
Since most of Cari's friends have relocated to Utah, we got together with some friends for dinner at La Carretta, one of our favorite restaurants in Utah. We John and I got to my friend Leilani's apartment, her sister Emily comes running up to me (right past John) with sounds of jubilation. So Ray (Emily's husband) made happy sounds to John so he wouldn't feel so neglected. :) So total attendees included: Emily and Ray Maynes, Leilani Clifford, Lindsay Hope, and a friend of Ray's. For the after-party, we went to Cold Stone's with Emily and Ray. It was good to see friends that I wish I could spend more time with. Life forces us to move on to new things and we all seem to be in some form of transition to a new stage of life. That makes it really hard to go to Disneyland 3 nights in a row, or go to Balboa and sit on lifeguard tower M, or stay up playing PS2 and falling asleep on the floor, or whatever random things we used to do together.
On another day we got to meet Sara and Caleb's new addition, Mara. I forgot to take a picture, but Mara is the cutest dog ever! We had so much fun playing with her while visiting with Sara and Caleb! I'm sure she enjoyed the attention!
Also while we were there, Jeff blessed his baby boy. It was great that we could be there and John could be part of the circle. Jeff is in a Single's ward bishopric so it was unique to have a baby blessing there! Jeff and Sarah's ward didn't start til 1pm, so we got back to CA a little late, but it was worth it!
Goodness! It is crazy how time flies! I remember seeing you and John around the apartment complex back at Windsor. *sigh* Those college days. So what are you two doing now-a-days?
ReplyDeleteCourtney- Just busy with work mostly! I've been working a lot of overtime, which is great since we're trying to save money for a house! Glad to see you have a blog too! yay! I'm not a fan of journals either... :)
ReplyDelete