I'm personally doing well. Just learned about a month ago that my hand is completely healed and all that's left to do for "final recovery" is to get strength and mobility back. It is still a little stiff, but I have most mobility back and the strength thing is coming. This really was a long recovery, but I'm chalking this incident up as a "Stupidity of Youth" thing and moving on. Therefore, no more snowboarding in California!
Work is also going well. Sad that I never... EVER leave the house anymore since I live, work and sleep here. Oh well, that's what happens when you can't yet afford a house and have great awesome parents who are willing to put you up in exchange of 24/7 on-call status for checking your email for new work items :) We are working on all sorts of stuff right now. The notable project we are working on now is a Beauty and the Beast themed resteraunt over at Disney World. They are re-vamping the Magic Kingdom's Fantasy Land and this is one of the things they are putting in. It's cool to see this one since I haven't tackled a big steel structure design yet. Thank goodness for shiny structural analysis programs... the thought of having to dig the steel book out and do everything by hand just makes me go bulllllgulgulblublbula. Haha. I will always love technology.... always and forever.
So now for my real reason for posting... minus saying hello to the blogosphere... I have some cool pictures to share with you from Disneyland. We made it our goal to go to Disneyland enough times with our special shiny no-blackout dates passes that each visit costs only $10 or less (admissions-wise). So without further adieu, here's the newest pictures!!
The Ferrell, Home Edition. Comes with yoyo, astrojax, and a ball!!
Great night picture of The Mattlehorn. Taken by yours truly.
I wanted to buy this hat, but it was damaged by a mouse, so I had to put it back.
Happy Halloween!!
Auntie E, Uncle Cory and I rockin the Carousel.
Who said you couldn't get free food at Disneyland. Here's some perfectly good bananas right outside of Buzz Lightyear ripe for the pickin.
Picture-perfect Little Nemo also taken by yours truly. This is going up on the Patrell.com website.
So yea, that's it for Disneyland pictures. Here are a few I have been meaning to post up for the heck of it. The next few are from a small day trip Cari, Monica, Mackenzie and I took up to Big Bear. My Aunt's friend's parents have a cabin up there and it made for a beautiful day on the lake. Sad I couldn't wakeboard... but I'll live ^.^
Mackenzie's first encounter with something living that's living that's not human. She loved the dogs.
Aunt KK's picture with Mackenzie.
The View from the cabin deck.
Also, in other news.... Ducks are back in season. Cari and I got in with my Aunt to buy 10 games for this season. This is gonna be awesome. I always have loved hockey. I followed the Kings religiously back when I was in grade school, mainly thanks to my good friend Rob Berry who was a hockey honk. We always talked about the games and played street hockey every friday. I fell out of love with Hockey after Gretzky, Hrudy, and other King's front-liners were traded/retired. I just didn't have anyone to enjoy hockey with. But thankfully to my Aunt and awesome Wife, I can get back into it again!! That's cause for celebration.
![]() |
| Ducks Games |
And in a completely unrelated topic, I entered in a contest for Astrojax to win an I-pad. The contest ended yesterday, and I'm really excited to see the results. I'll make a post when it's ended. For those who care to watch, check out my youtube profile where the entry is the video labeled, "Contest Entry". And for your curiosity's sake, here's my entire collection of Astrojax.
That's it for me. I'm out.

No comments:
Post a Comment