So I was thinking about all the fun stuff we've been able to do this year. It started off with me getting a full-time position at my company and John coming home from Utah after living there alone for 4 months. How can you have a bad year after having a crappy year and everything is looking up? So here's my reminiscing of our year (so far):
-Disneyland passes: this has been a big one. when we had anything to celebrate we went here. we went for john's birthday, new year's eve, my birthday, mother's day, our anniversary, and my uncle's birthday, and we got to be there for other special events like MacKenzie's first visit, seeing the new World of Color show with Greg and Chelsea, and eating lunch at the Blue Bayou. I'm already starting to have withdrawls for the time when our passes expire in a month. That will be a very sad day for me.
| In front of the Toon Town Christmas tree - November 2010 |
| The start of a fun day with Mackenzie - November 2010 |
-going to see shows: I got to see a ballet with my friend Cym, John and I went to a dinner theater to see Cym perform, and we're going to see her in The Music Man next week
-sports: early in the year we went to watch BYU men's volleyball play which was a lot of fun of course and we went to a few Dodgers games which were not as fun this year as last year (you could tell they didn't even care by the way they walked around the 2nd half of the season... but we'll always love and root for them anyways!!!). Now, we have gone in on season tickets for the Anaheim Ducks and it has been a blast so far. Hockey is so fun to watch especially when you're there. Although those little kids behind us last night were soooo annoying (but better than Braves fans at the Dodgers games...). Ducks tickets are something we want to keep on doing in the future since it's not too expensive.
| Ducks goalie Jonas Hiller during a pre-game warm-up; John just got his jersey |
-ward callings: I got called to be Young Women's secretary this year and I love it. the girls are so great! And I don't have to go to Relief Society which is normally fine, but the ward is mostly rich retired old people. so I don't mesh with that group very well. john got called as ward mission leader and he loves working with the missionaries!we also sing in the ward choir. John has enjoyed it more of late because the director moved the altos next to the tenors and so he gets to sit by a fun lady in the ward, Tina McKendrick, and they like to banter and tease each other.
![]() |
| the Young Women trying on their mom's wedding dresses at an activity; the girl on the far left (Shae) is wearing mine |
-John walked for his master's degree: we got to take a short trip to Utah so John can make official that he's done with school. it also coincided with the recent birth of our nephew Jackson. So we got to see him and go to his baby blessing. We also got to visit with some of our friends that live in Utah. we are hoping to plan another trip in the near future to visit!
![]() |
| John and his proud parents - April 2010 |
![]() |
| Jeff holding Jackson with his parents before his baby blessing - April 2010 |
-weddings: my friends Camilla and Chrissi got married and I have 2 more friends, Anna and Kealy, getting married in the next couple of months (Anna is Tuesday!!). I just wish they would stop leaving after getting married! Well, some already were living out of state...
![]() |
| Me and Emily with the bride, Camilla - February 2010 |
-vacation: we had our yearly trip to Lake Powell which is always a highlight of the year. This was the first year I felt like I could say I know how to wakeboard. It was a blast!! We also were lucky enough to go to Hawaii. It was my first time since I went in high school in 2003 and it was my first time to the island of Kauai. We feel so lucky to have a family that make those great vacations possible!!
| I'm on smooth water outside the wake!! - June 2010 |
| After dinner at Duke's on Kauai - August 2010 |
There were a lot of bad things that happened, but there's a lot more good things and I would feel ungrateful if I complained about them. So only John will hear me complain :) And it's almost Thanksgiving so I should be especially thankful at this time of year!!




No comments:
Post a Comment