Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Birthday Hockey

Since I had been working a lot of overtime lately (we had a big report we were trying to finish the draft for and a big proposal due) so I took a half day off work for my birthday. Work wasn't too crazy that day because I just delivered the proposal in LA and worked on a few small things then went home and took a nap. That nap was wonderful (especially considering the lack of sleep I now get on the weekends thanks to our rude neighbors) and I wish I could do that more often! I guess that was my birthday present to myself! Then I went up to Doug and Nancy's house to see the nieces. Mackenzie was alseep until we had to leave, but I got to see Zoe for a little while. Then John and I headed to meet with Aunt Janie and her friend Patti (who we go to hockey games with) for dinner at TGI Fridays. Then it was off to watch the Ducks play the Sharks! We were all a little apprehensive about our chances to win since the Sharks had been playing really hot lately so we were very pleasantly surprised when the Ducks ended up creaming the Sharks!! So here's some pictures from the game!

Patti, Janie, John, and Cari before the game

John facing off against the big guy

watching the warm-up skate

warm-up skate

warm-up skate

warm-up skate

Parros leaving the ice after the warm-up skate

first goal of the game goes to Corey Perry

there were a lot of fights (especially right after the Ducks scored goals!)

Cam Fowler SHOOOTS! (the Ducks radio announcer is very excitable and says it like that every time)

and scores!!

and somehow they knew it was my birthday! too bad I didn't get to ride the Zamboni!

more guys going to the penalty box

Corey Perry got a hat trick for a season total of 50 goals!!

hats went on sale at the team store to celebrate (and very quickly sold out since everybody just tossed their hat on the ice)

high-fives all around for a 6-2 win!!


The Ducks went on the win their last 2 games of the season (both against the Kings 2 nights in a row) to go from needing to win 1 game to clinch a spot in the playoffs to being the 4th seed and having home ice advantage. We went to the first playoff game against the Predators but that game wasn't so fun... bad refereeing and bad play from the Ducks made a frustrating game. So much for home ice advantage! And yes, we are playing the team that Carrie Underwood's husband is on. And that first game was a very good game for him (grr). It's been a really fun season to go to a lot of Ducks games. A lot of the players are having record years. We have a 21 year old rookie playing like he has a lot more experience (most of the time anyway) and we have a 40 year old veteran playing like he has fresh, young legs. They're fought back against adversity and injuries all season long and I just hope the season doesn't end with the 1st round of the playoffs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment