Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Time just Flies

I remember thinking that a month felt like it was going to take forever. The days seemed to drag, but now our closing day is upon us! We close escrow tomorrow! If we were in any county other than LA County, we would be able to close today. But LA County is completely backwards and didn't realize what century we're in.

We had our final walk-through on Tuesday. We checked some measurements for the fridge we still need to buy and the area for the living room rug we're going to buy. I'm armed and ready with cleaning supplies to get in there right away and make everything spic and span and line the drawers and cabinets in the kitchen and bathrooms before we move everything in!

While at home depot last weekend, we finally found a rug we want to get:

It looks better in person of course (and feels very nice), but we're going to leave some of the walls their current tan color and paint the long wall in the living room and dining room a blue. Then when we get around to it, I'll go to downtown LA to get fabric to make curtains to bring some color to those tan colored walls.

Let's just hope it doesn't rain on Saturday while we're moving everything out of the storage unit!!

Other than dealing with house stuff, looking for stuff we need (dining table, loveseat, fridge, table lamp, area rug, etc), and spending a week trying to adjust to the stupid time change and waking up before the sun again, it's been a busy month. We started off March by going to cheer for the BYU Men's volleyball team while they played #1 ranked USC with our friends Ann and Jeremy. BYU lost the match, but it was some dang good volleyball!!! There was a really good turnout for BYU fans and I must say that the facility (which looked fairly new) was super nice. They obviously do a lot more in there than BYU does in the Smith Fieldhouse though.

I finished making visits to the dentist for now. So I finally have a crown on the tooth I got a root canal on over 2 years ago... yeah, I didn't have dental insurance for a while...

Another highlight of the month was a visit from my good friend Emily and her husband Ray. The Cliffords are like family to me and I don't get to spend as much time with them as I'd like (or I used to) so it was great to spend a day with the Cliffords. Luckily, we get to see Ray and Emily again when we go up for Jeff and Kirsty's graduation in April!

This past weekend, we finally got a chance to bust out our dancing shoes!! Our stake had a dinner/dance with a live 40s music orchestra. We got to do some triple swing (and some modified), west cost swing, foxtrot, waltz, and cha-cha. Rumor started spreading that we were on the BYU ballroom dance team. Ha! If they only knew how good you have to be to be on that team! My feet were rather sore after that! We also got the chance to meet some people in the ward we're moving into, so that was pretty cool.

Last night was the stake youth talent show. That was a lot of fun to see what people did. Some of the highlights from our ward include Kelsey Willes singing Don't Rain on My Parade (she was amazing!), the priests  putting together an Old Spice style video talking about what they look for in a woman, and a few girls did a dance number. John's favorite was a boy from the 2nd ward (which is the ward we're moving to) doing a yo-yo performance.

Whew! April is going to be even more busy than March, so I probably will be pretty slow at updating again! But I'll be sure to post pictures next time!!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah on the new house! Looking forward to seeing you guys at graduation and your house in May. Have fun decorating and settling in to your first place :)

    ReplyDelete